RECORDING - MECHANICAL LICENSE
The undersigned (hereinafter referred to as the "Publisher"), owns the copyright or controls the rights to reproduce in phono-records and to distribute phonorecords of the below copyrighted musical work.
PHONORECORD NO.: ARTIST:
You have advised the Publisher that you wish to use said copyrighted work under the compulsory license provision of Section 115 of the Copyright Act relating to the making and distribution of phonorecords of such work.
Upon your doing so, you shall have all the rights which are granted to, and all the obligations which are imposed upon, users of said copyrighted work under the compulsory license provision of the Copyright Act after distribution of phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public in the United States by another person under the authority of the copyright owner, except that with respect to phonorecords thereof made and distributed by you:
1. You shall pay royalties and account to the Publisher quarterly, within 45 days after the end of each calendar quarter, on the basis of phonorecords made and distributed; and
2. For such phonorecords made and distributed, the royalty shall be the statutory rate in effect at the time the phonorecord is made (and any royalty stated in terms of a percentage of the statutory rate shall apply to the statutory rate at such time); and
3. This compulsory license covers and is limited to one particular recording of said copyrighted work set forth above as performed by the artist and on the phonorecord number set forth above; and this compulsory license does not supersede nor in any way affect any prior agreements now in effect respect to phono-records of said copyrighted work; and
4. If you fail to account to Publisher and pay royalties as herein provided, Publisher may give you written notice that, unless the default is remedied within 30 days from the date of the notice, this compulsory license will be automatically terminated. Such termination shall render either the making and/or the distribution of all phonorecords for which royalties have not been paid, actionable as acts of infringement under, and fully subject to the remedies provided by the Copyright Act.
5. You need not serve or file the notice of intention to obtain a compulsory license required by the Copyright Act.
We acknowledge receipt of a copy hereof:
|more great links|